Information Assurance Officer
The Information Assurance Officer (IAO) is responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various requirements including (but not limited to):
- Components of the IA program include Assessment and Authorization activities (document preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness.
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Oversee and report on isolated projects requiring security/IA support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- MUST have an active Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional security accesses.
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Must be IAT Level II compliant and maintain IS professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with supporting various system configurations.
- Experience with auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows and Linux).
- Experience with certifying compliance of various systems.
- Ability to apply information system knowledge to other government compliance documents.
- Excellent time management skills.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top