BAE Systems is building a team of Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The Information Assurance Engineer is primarily responsible for conducting information system security engineering activities. The position will collect and process the captured information security requirements and ensures that the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration. The position is an integral part of the development team designing and developing organizational information systems or upgrading legacy systems. This position's main function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and Military Compartments efforts.
The Information System Security Engineer will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Perform analysis of network security, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) with emphasize on Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) authorization process
- Provides expert level consultation and technical services on all aspects of Information Security
- Serves as technical expert to the Cybersecurity Assessment Program providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives to complex problems.
- Contributes to the development of new principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Recommends cybersecurity software tools and assists in the development of software tool requirements and selection criteria to include the development of product specific STIGs from applicable DISA SRGs.
- Perform security assessments of servers/network devices/security appliances
- Write and execute cybersecurity test procedures for validation of control compliance
- Monitor/analyze output of cybersecurity related tools for reportable security incidents and residual risk
- Analyze technical risk of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 12-15 years' related experience
- Has a Strong background in Patch/Configuration management, DevOps, and tier 3 support
- Prior performance in roles such as ISSO, ISSM, SCA or SAP IT Technical Director
- Must have expert knowledge of DoD, National and applicable service and agency security policy, manuals and standards. Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Architect and Engineer Level I or Information Assurance Architect and Engineer Level II within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.