Performs a wide variety of painting and coating processes, including preparing parts for paint or insulation, and preparing parts for inspection. Works from drawings, sketches, or routings to determine processes/procedures to be used. Maintain painter log sheets as required for manufacturing and environmental purposes and maintain all equipment.
1. Must be capable of performing a wide variety of painting and coating processes which include but are not limited to: enamels, polyurethanes, epoxies, dry film lubricants, powder coatings and insulation.
2. Must be capable of applying Ultra High Solid Epoxy paint with high pressure airless equipment.
3. Prepares parts for painting, and prepares the proper mixture of materials to be used. Prepares and applies coating materials, such as primers and top coats, per manufacturer requirements. Also prepares parts for inspection.
4. Applies coatings using industry standardized equipment or, on occasion, specialized equipment for certain processes.
5. Works from drawings, sketches, or routings to determine processes/procedures to be used, Maintain painter log sheets as required for manufacturing and environmental purposes and maintain all equipment.
6. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions but available for consultation.
7. Generally validates interim operations for quality purposes
8. Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
9. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.
10. Must possess or be eligible to obtain a confidential security clearance.
Required Skills and Education
High school diploma or GED is required.
1. Must possess the knowledge, skill and ability to apply painting principles and practices; locate, identify and correct problems such as; "fisheye", poor adhesion or rough coatings.
2. Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use and read measuring instruments such as viscosity testers and thickness gages.
3. Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches.
4. Must possess the knowledge and ability to interpret various specifications and standards to determine color, coating thickness, applicable mixing instructions and any other factors that affect the finished product.
5. Must possess the ability to use tools and equipment that are needed to perform painting and insulating operations in an industrial setting.
6. Must have the ability, confidence and self motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
7. Assist other painters as needed.
8. Assist others in obtaining solutions to quality and production issues.
The work requires employee to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks, and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads.
Preferred Skills and Education
High school diploma or GED is required.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top