Industrial Maintenance Technician
1. Assists other Industrial Maintenance Technicians as required in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing of industrial equipment within the facility.
2. Determines need and orders material and parts as required to repair equipment.
3. Performs electrical and mechanical preventative maintenance services.
4. Operates lathes, drills, milling machines, and conventional machines to manufacture parts and determine equipment operating condition.
5. Maintains paint facility- replaces lamps and maintains lighting equipment of various types.
6. Performs minor electrical construction using standard electrical practices and in compliance with the National Electrical Code and Site safety standards.
7. Uses specifications, drawings, and schematics to perform corrective and preventative maintenance as specified by the manufacturer.
8. Installs, services, and repairs various piping systems. Installs, repairs, and maintains machine tools and equipment.
9. Disassembles, inspects, replaces, and/or repairs precision parts such as bearings, shafts, spindles, lead screws, cams, and gears.
10. Performs preventative maintenance on refrigeration units.
11. Evaluates, tests, installs, troubleshoots, analyzes, aligns, evaluate performance, repairs, modifies, and performs preventative maintenance on industrial equipment within the facility.
12. Assists other Industrial Maintenance Technicians in maintaining and repairing programmable logic controllers and microprocessors. Computer programs may be utilized to troubleshoot and analyze functions of computer controlled industrial equipment.
13. Performs maintenance duties at a higher level of efficiency and solves issues of more frequent complexity than that expected of an entry level position (Industrial Maintenance Technician I - LG5).
14. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
15. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work.
Required Skills and Education
1. Must have knowledge and experience performing electrical and mechanical maintenance on industrial machines similar to those utilized by the BAE Systems Louisville facility.
2. Must have a working knowledge and experience performing electrical and mechanical maintenance on industrial equipment used in the plating shop.
3. Must possess knowledge of electricity, electrical theory, and practical application to use electrical/electronic test equipment.
4. Must have knowledge of mechanical and machining concepts.
5. Must have knowledge and skill of instrument calibration, troubleshooting techniques, and repair of heat treat process controllers, recorders, and sensors.
6. Complete or test out of the following courses(or accredited equivalent):
a. IMT 110 Industrial Maintenance electrical Principles
b. IMT 111 Industrial Maintenance Electrical Principles Lab
c. IMT 120 Industrial Maintenance Rotating Machinery
d. IMT 121 Industrial Maintenance Rotating Machinery Lab
e. Elective course or seminar
7. Must have a working knowledge of electrical safety.
8. Must have the ability, confidence, and self motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
9. Manual dexterity skills required.
10. Must have ability to complete assigned work efficiently and in a timely manner.
11. Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top