Industrial Maintenance Technician
Performs general mechanical and electrical maintenance and construction of mostly moderate to high complexity but not limited to, installing, repairing and maintaining complex multi-axis, multi function computer controlled machine tools, conventional machine tools, welders, air compressors, heat treating equipment, plating facility, painting facility, and various other production equipment to support production and facility maintenance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists other Industrial Maintenance Technicians as required in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing of industrial equipment within the facility.
2. Determines need and orders material and parts as required to repair equipment.
3. Performs electrical and mechanical preventative maintenance services.
4. Operates lathes, drills, milling machines, and conventional machines to manufacture parts and determine equipment operating condition.
5. Maintains paint facility- replaces lamps and maintains lighting equipment of various types.
6. Performs minor electrical construction using standard electrical practices and in compliance with the National Electrical Code and Site safety standards.
7. Uses specifications, drawings, and schematics to perform corrective and preventative maintenance as specified by the manufacturer.
8. Installs, services, and repairs various piping systems. Repairs and overhauls valves, pumps, coils, and process control equipment. Installs, repairs, and maintains machine tools and equipment, including troubleshooting to determine the source of trouble and type of repairs required.
9. Disassembles, inspects, replaces, and/or repairs precision parts such as bearings, shafts, spindles, lead screws, cams, and gears.
10. Performs preventative maintenance on refrigeration units.
11. Evaluates, tests, installs, troubleshoots, analyzes, aligns, evaluate performance, repairs, modifies, and performs preventative maintenance on industrial equipment within the facility and electrical & electronic controlled systems on equipment such as industrial machines, welders, heat treat equipment, plating facility, and x-ray equipment, etc.
12. Assists other Industrial Maintenance Technicians in maintaining and repairing programmable logic controllers and microprocessors. Computer programs may be utilized to troubleshoot and analyze functions of computer controlled industrial equipment.
13. Performs maintenance duties at a higher level of efficiency and solves issues of more frequent complexity than that expected of lower level Industrial Maintenance Technicians.
14. Lays out and installs machine tools, compressors, furnaces, testing equipment, plating equipment, and painting systems.
15. Sets anchor bolts, levels machines, and assists factory personnel in initial start up and final adjustment of equipment.
16. Maintains and repairs programmable logic controllers and micro processors. Computer programs will be utilized to troubleshoot and analyze functions of computer controlled industrial equipment. Occasional assistance may be required.
17. Installs, repairs, and maintains machine tools and equipment
18. Precision levels beds and tables. Adjusts gibs and aligns columns, heads, and ways to manufactures tolerances.
19. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
20. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work.
21. Provides technical expertise and training to lower level maintenance personnel.
The work requires employee to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks, and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads.
Required Skills and Education
1. Complete or test out of the following courses(or accredited equivalent):
a. IMT 150 Maintaining Industrial Equipment I
b. IMT 151 Maintaining Industrial Equipment I Lab
c. IMT 220 Industrial Maintenance electrical Motor Controls I
d. IMT 221 Industrial Maintenance Electrical Motor Controls I Lab
e. IMT 230 Industrial Maintenance of PLC’s
f. IMT 231 Industrial Maintenance of PLC’s Lab
g. Elective course or seminar
2. Must have knowledge of electrical safety including ARC flash.
3. Must have the ability, confidence, and self motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
4. Must possess knowledge and skill required to install, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul, align, test, and maintain machines and equipment.
5. Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, diagrams, and instructions pertaining to assembly, installing, repair, and maintenance of equipment.
6. Must be proficient in the use of precision instruments and tools of the mechanics trade.
7. Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
8. Must possess knowledge and skill in welding, pipefitting, and fabrication.
9. Manual dexterity skills are required.
10. Must have the ability to complete assigned work efficiently and in a timely manner. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top