This position is for an Industrial Engineer to work within the Radio Frequency Microwave Factory. The IE will use simulation software and lean manufacturing tools to evaluate manufacturing procedures and implement process improvements. S/he will take ownership of the process simulation models, and will provide guidance to the factory manager on the optimal equipment requirements, resource plan, and facility layout. The IE will be essential to ensuring that the factory is positioned to operate as efficiently as possible during the upcoming expansion in order to meet its quality, delivery, and cost metrics. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s of Science Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience using ProModel or other simulation tools to assist with factory layouts and capacity planning.
- Experience analyzing manufacturing processes and work flow for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing change in manufacturing areas.
- Ability to develop capacity analyses to recommend efficient manpower and equipment utilization.
- Ability to use lean manufacturing tools to evaluate manufacturing processes and define labor standards.
- Ability to develop manufacturing layouts and prepare of capital expense justification(s).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents. Programming experience a plus.
Preferred Skills and Education Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top