Import Export Anst II
BAE Systems, Inc., a U.S. Defense Contractor, is the 100% owned U.S. based subsidiary of BAE Systems, plc. Our International Trade team is part of the legal function and reports to the VP & AGC International Compliance. This position is an entry level position in our International Trade Licensing team. The role is to assist our International Trade Licensing team in its review of BAE Systems export/import license submittals to the U.S. Government to verify compliance with procedure and regulatory requirements. After appropriate training (if required) the individual will also be responsible for providing regulatory guidance on issues relating to export/import compliance to specific business units. The individual will respond to communication from U.S. Government officials related to export/import licensing. The individual will also assist with Licensing and Compliance training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engages with business export personnel to provide pre-submission guidance, review and verify compliance of BAE Systems export/import license submittals to the U.S. Government.
- Initiates and responds to communication, with assistance from management, from U.S. Government officials relating to export/import licensing issues.
- Assists with database entry and guidance to businesses for automated export IT Tools, e.g. BAE's Export Management System (EMS), D-Trade, SNAP-R, ACE (training on systems to be provided if required).
- Assists with developing licensing and compliance training using Articulate software (prior experience with Articulate, PowerPoint or graphic design helpful but not required).
- Participates in conferences and meeting held by and/or attended by the International Trade Licensing Department and participate in industry export licensing related organizations such as SIA.
- Assists in compiling our internal Export Control bi-weekly briefing emails
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top