ILS Life-Cycle Configuration Manager
- St. Inigoes, MD
The selected candidate will lead the BAE Systems, ATC Department team of Life-cycle (acquisition) Integrated Logistics Support Specialists for shipboard and shore Air Traffic Control & Landing Systems (AN/URN-32, AN/SPN-35, AN/SPN-41, AN/TPX-42, AN/SPN-43, AN/SPN-46, AN/FRN-49, Shore Instrument Landing System, and STARS) managed by NAWCAD Air Traffic Control Division 4.11.7. Will apply logistics management, principles, practices, and processes to all tasking during the development of engineering Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) plans and documentation used in support of Navy Modernization Process Management and Operation for upgrading Electronic Systems aboard U.S. Navy Ships.
Primary responsibility will be performing/managing the following tasks:
• Installation Control Drawings (ICDs) and Ship Installation Drawings (SIDs), Liaison Action Requests (LARs), and Design Liaison Action Requests (DLARs)
• Configuration management of System Level Drawings and Procedures
• Provisioning Parts Lists (PPLs), Provisioning Technical Documentation (PTD), and Supplemental Provisioning Technical Documentation (SPTD) for submission into Integrated Computer Aided Provisioning System (ICAPS)
• Navy Technical Manuals, FOMMs, and User Logistics Support Summaries (ULSS)
• Nomenclature, Equipment Identification Code (EIC)
• Navy Training System Plans, Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs), and Computer Resources Life Cycle Management Plans (CRLCMPs)
• Source Maintenance and Recovery (SM&R) Coding, Level of Repair (LOR) and Maintenance Philosophy
• Ship Change Document (SCD), Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Certifications, Fielding Plans, Regional Maintenance & Modernization Coordination Office (RMMCO) Data, and Navy Data Environment (NDE)
• Configuration Data Manager's Database-Open Architecture (CDMD-OA) Work Files
• 3M data from Open Architectural Retrieval System (OARS)
• DLA-339 Technical Referrals
• Fleet CASREP Tracking/Expediting
• Meetings with respective Logistics and Technical customer personnel
10% of the time will be performing employee supervisory functions.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree in an Technical, Logistics, Science, Business, or Management discipline from an accredited school and eight years of experience in Logistics support of C4ISR systems (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for the degree)
Experience supervising a small team of logistics specialists
Ability to obtain/maintain the required security clearance
Demonstrated experience performing the specific related tasks listed above
Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Navy Modernization Process Management and Operation process for upgrading electronic systems aboard U.S. Navy ships
Preferred Skills and Education
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Professional Logistics Certification - i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certified in Lifecycle Acquisition Logistics Level 1
ACAT program experience
Shipyard/Shipboard fleet logistics knowledge/experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top