Identity & Access Management (IAM) Technical Manager
- York, PA
BAE Systems, Inc. is searching for a Identity & Access Management (IAM) Technical Manager. The position may be based in any BAE Systems facility in the United States. This is a management position as well as a hands-on technical role. The leadership role will manage a small team of experienced engineers that are responsible for a global identity service. Project and operational support are required supporting all of BAE's home markets across the globe and as such, some non-standard working hours may be required for meetings or to support issues as they arise to support these home markets. Some regional and international travel may be required.
Day-to-day responsibilities include maintaining an IAM system that includes several vendor tools, working on projects to extend the IAM system to new applications. Strong customer service and advocacy skills are paramount in this role.
Required Skills and Education
• Must be US Citizen
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with one or more web access management/federation solutions and have worked with directory services (LDAP) and a user provisioning solution.
• Hands-on working knowledge of identity & access management technology and processes.
• Strong ethics in the context of business and information security
• Must be a highly effective international communicator
• Must be able to manage IT audit compliance requirements
• Organize and manage projects and tasks autonomously
• Must have worked hands-on with Linux/UNIX and Windows operating platforms
• Working knowledge in designing and managing a holistic IAM system
• Working knowledge of Active Directory/LDAP and operations
• Working knowledge of PKI, MFA/certificate management and operations
• Working knowledge of identity management/provisioning
• Working knowledge of workflow development (for the purpose of manager or user self-service provisioning)
• Working knowledge of advanced web access, authentication and federation (SAML) solutions & concepts
• Broad understanding of how to integrate with business applications for the purpose of providing single sign-on and multi-factor authentication
• Understanding of how applications use identities and entitlements to enable access to applications
• Working knowledge of provisioning and federated access to cloud/SaaS applications
• Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues facing an organization like BAE Systems and where IAM fits into solving those challenges
Preferred Skills and Education
• Ability to run/coordinate meetings and communicate with levels of personnel from executive to hands-on technologists.
• Hands-on experience with one or more Identity & Access Management vendor suites or solutions.
• Working knowledge of web services integration concepts using SOAP and REST.
• Exposure to software development in a current programming language and framework.
Previous or current hands-on experience with IAM tools: ◦
o Web access management COTS solutions (NAM, SiteMinder, Tivoli Access Manager, Ping Access or Okta for example)
o Identity Management COTS products from any of the major vendors on Gartner's Magic Quadrant (Sailpoint, Saviynt, Oracle, CA, IBM, Microfocus for example)
• Hands-on experience of Public Key Infrastructures running on a Microsoft CA. Experience with Intercede MyID is ideal.
• MS Azure and Amazon AWS experience in regards to the federation of identities, provisioning and governance of identities in SaaS, IaaS or API access (PaaS) scenarios.
• Privileged IAM (PAM) experience with Thycotic and/or Cyberark COTS solutions.
• API access management.
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top