Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) System Engineer - Senior
This position is for a systems engineer for Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) programs. The work will be run out of BAE Systems Identification and Mission Computer Solutions division where our primary customers are the US Army, Navy, Air Force and other Government and International entities. Responsibilities include performing system engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
1. Performs one or more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Develops, allocates and manages complex system level requirements.
b. Reviews, develops and documents complex system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Researches and develops complex system designs and architectures.
d. Evaluates simple system designs and architectures and recommends design modifications to eliminate design flaws that do not support the systems requirements.
e. Analyzes and prepares documentation for complex system designs and architectures in accordance with established system development processes and procedures.
f. Develops and analyzes simple algorithms.
g. Performs complex system/product integration activities.
h. Verifies and validates complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. May perform site operations, integration and validation support activities at customer locations.
3. May be a member of a product quality team involved in a causal analysis and resolution activities.
4. Assist upper management in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and defines associated program requirements.
5. Supports proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
6. Will be a group or task lead. If so, is responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule for assigned group and interface coordination with other groups.
7. Will produce and/ or review technical documents, specifications and standards.
8. May estimate systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
9. Prepares and/ or delivers basic technical presentations.
10. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific field and 12+ years related experience in the Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) / Air Traffic Control (ATC) / Navigation/ Surveillance fields.
Active Secret clearance required
Preferred Skills and Education Master’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific field, related experience in IFF MK XIIA, ADS-B. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top