BAE Systems is seeking exceptional Systems Engineers to support the Air Force's Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) programs. Please note, this is a pipeline position used to collect resumes from interested applicants. You will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team as positions that match your skill set and job level become funded and available. Even if you are not currently available, you are encouraged to apply and keep your Systems Engineering resume on file.
Why BAE Systems? BAE Systems is the third largest defense contractor in the world with an exceptional, mission-focused culture. The 800+ BAE Systems employees and sub-contractors located at Hill Air Force Base, Utah are closely aligned to the United States Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center. We support the Center in sustaining the existing Minuteman III (MM III) weapon system and acquiring its replacement, the Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD). We are a uniquely-valued mission partner delivering daily technical excellence and innovative solutions to our government customers. BAE Systems has earned accolades as a "Top Workplace" in Utah based on employee feedback for three consecutive years, earning special distinction for providing a healthy work-life balance for our valued employees. We work very hard to ensure this is a great place to work!
Why Utah? You've got to see it to believe it! Utah is an amazing state with diverse geography, an eclectic culture and an exceptional quality of life. We are located north of Salt Lake City at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. The area offers an incredible range of outdoors pursuits across the seasons including hiking, climbing, hunting, fishing, camping, boating and world-class skiing at resorts that hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics. The state is home to five amazing National Parks and an easy drive from two more; Grand Teton and, famously, the first National Park in the world, Yellowstone. The Salt Lake City area offers a vast array of cultural activities and businesses including multiple professional sports teams. It is a western states hub for exceptional, cutting-edge medical care with people traveling from across the region for a range of nationally renowned specialty care centers and doctors. The Salt Lake International Airport is expanding and offers easy, direct access to just about anywhere you want to fly.
Tell me about this job. The Systems Engineer & Architecting team plays a crucial role on the program by developing and delivering innovative systems engineering services to our Air Force customer. This position will also need to able to apply a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity.
In this job, you will help:
- Apply extensive knowledge in Systems Engineering to ensure and advance its principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques
- Modernize and re-architect MMIII engineering baseline by refactoring to SysML
- Work closely with a team to support the government with the transformation of paper-based documents to Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) products
- Research emerging trends, techniques, methods, and current best practices in the evolution of MBSE, and be willing to be on the forefront and cutting edge of this rapidly growing field
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments and trends in the systems engineering disciplines
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in engineering from an ABET accredited institution, computer science, software development/engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Knowledge or experience in Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML (or similar)
- We have entry level positions to principal level work, depending on experience
- Experience and/or knowledge of systems engineering
- Excellent cognitive, communication (both written and spoken), and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-discipline to plan and prioritize their own work with successful results
- US Citizen, eligible to obtain clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Department of Defense projects
- DoD clearance Secret or higher, preferred but not required
- Dassault Systemes / No Magic suite of applications
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.