BAE Systems is currently looking for eager candidates wanting to learn more about engineering in the HVAC trades. We are currently looking for an intern candidate attending a local high school or enrolled in a HVAC trades school. The position will be part time in Merrimack NH. Minimum Education and Experience Applicant must be at least 16 years of age and a full time student enrolled in either a local High School or a local college/university/trades school as part of a recognized Certificate/Degree program in the HVAC trades. Required Skills and Education · Works directly with tradesmen on a variety of HVAC installation(s) Service, and Preventative tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Maintains, adjusts, repairs, installs, tests and operates all types of air conditioners, chillers, environmental chambers, heating systems, vacuum pumps, pneumatic and DDC / BAS controls and component parts for each of the listed systems.
- Maintains, Troubleshoots, repairs and installs “Other” mechanical equipment associated with HVAC systems.
- Works from prints, sketches, diagrams, handbooks and manufacturer’s instructions to analyze, diagnose, adjust and restore malfunctioning heating, air conditioning, and ventilating systems and chambers in order to assure proper functionality and efficiency.
- Localizes disturbances in systems and plans / executes the replacement of worn or defective parts.
- Checks all areas of the facility(s) for proper temperature, humidity, volume and velocity of air and adjusts actuating controls to balance air & water systems as required
- Installs heating, air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration systems. Checks, balances, calibrates, adjusts and modifies systems and equipment after installation, modification or overhaul.
- Utilizes computer programs such as, but not limited to: Maximo work order system, MS office application, etc.
- May perform some of the duties of a Power Plant Mechanic, Plumber and Mechanical General Maintenance Mechanic.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is performed and completed as specified by contract, engineering drawings / specifications and in accordance of local, state and federal codes.
- Works from prints for new jobs and renovates and alters existing equipment to assure project is correct and complete for proper operation.
- May be required to clean and service equipment that may contain hazardous substances and to participate in the sorting and accumulation of hazardous waste materials in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
Preferred Skills and Education Must possess a valid Driver’s license. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top