Human Resources Generalist II
BAE Systems Platforms and Services has an opening for a Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist to support the Combat Vehicles Business Unit site in San Jose, CA.
Implements Human Resources policies as a junior generalist, partnering with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives and resolves HR issues. Responsible for and/or serves as a HR liaison for most of the following areas: HR administration, talent management, employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, and/or training and development.
- Provide proactive & reactive employee relations in a production floor environment. Supervisor/manager coaching, and partner with assigned supervisors/managers to create a culture that supports business growth or business right sizing.
- Collaborate with the Centers of Expertise (COEs) and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of world class HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success.
- May partner with assigned managers to identify top talent and succession candidates and provide support to the Management Readiness Review planning process at the business unit level.
- Support business activities that support a culture that is diverse and inclusive.
- Work with management to develop an effective workforce plan/strategy and collaborate with talent acquisition to translate the requirements into an executable plan.
- Act as a change agent for key HR and business changes and provide project management for assigned key HR projects.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 1+ years previous experience or education in the Human Resources field
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of responsibilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Employee Relations experience preferred
- Labor Relations experience preferred
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top