Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
- McLean, VA
Why look any further? The Intelligence & Security (I&S) Human Resources team is looking for a dynamic, strategic, results driven Human Resources professional to join a fun, high-paced HR team. This role reports to the HR Manager and will work at our McLean, VA location.
The HRBP role is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to an assigned Business Unit. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives and driving HR functional excellence. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
• Work closely with senior leaders/managers to provide expertise and hands on support in multiple areas including: workforce planning, on boarding, employee retention, employee relations, management coaching, performance management and change management.
• Work with clients to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate the assigned areas HR needs.
• Manage, recommend and implement remedies on mid-level to complex employee relations issues working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
• Conduct thorough and objective investigations as needed, assess risk and determines appropriate course of action, working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and HR compliance.
• Pro-actively identify and assess potential legal risks and act to ensure compliance. Partner with Legal and Ethics Departments as needed.
• Provide performance management guidance to line management for coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
• Act as point-of-contact for guidance on compensation actions, including individual promotions, equity adjustments and related actions. Identify business case for position or job group compensation changes, and incentive compensation changes.
• Act as resource to employees when needed providing guidance on and interpreting company policy as well as assuring that employee perspectives are heard and considered.
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Track and analyze metrics on employee actions, terminations, and voluntary attrition to recommend actions as needed.
• Engage with Shared Services/COEs teams (Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition, Payroll and Compliance) to execute business strategies through tactical operations
• Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of progressive HR Business Partner experience.
• Demonstrated experience in providing hands-on HR support for a dispersed employee population.
• Candidates must demonstrate an ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and the ability to communicate persuasively.
• The successful candidate must be comfortable working with all levels of employees including vice presidents, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and possess a sense of urgency to close on actions.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, perform in a high paced environment and work with multiple priorities.
Preferred Skills and Education
• 8 years of HR Business Partner experience
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree
• Defense Industry experience
• Strong business acumen
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top