HR Operations Manager
The Intelligence & Security sector is currently seeking a HR Operations Manager, who will lead and coordinate the implementation of employee-related solutions and services for multiple sites across the sector. This individual will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day duties of the HR operations organization and will manage a small team of direct reports. A combination of solid leadership capability and a strong understanding of strategic and actionable HR solutions will be important attributes. He or she should be highly deadline-oriented, with strong multitasking, project management and prioritization skills. It is also vital that they display excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence change and process improvements at all levels of the organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the HR Operations team, providing daily tasking, managing performance and the employee lifecycle of direct reports. Provides leadership by fully implementing all principles of performance management within the team, including regular coaching, training and feedback sessions.
- Direct and oversee the creation and delivery of HR metrics and analytics to support executive leadership with quarterly and monthly business reviews. Ensuring that HR data is kept current, accurate and readily available will be a critical responsibility of this role. This will often require compiling and analyzing complex information, as well as researching and developing solutions in a timely manner.
- Lead and talent manage the Sector LEAP Internship Program from start to end. This includes establishing a strong partnership with the talent acquisition team for alignment with the college hire strategy to actual delivery and coordination of a very visible annual program. Employing best practices / metrics for attracting and retaining this talent pool will be a critical responsibility.
- Provide direction and oversight on the delivery of our weekly New Hire Orientation programs, and lead the project implementation of our newly created onboarding program focused on employee assimilation and retention.
- Oversee Sector employee recognition programs, which includes budget management, communications and tracking. Also have a basic understanding of working in a Union or Service Contract Act (SCA) environment. Specifically related to managing wage adjustments and general wage increases.
- Partner with the Centers of Expertise (COEs) across all HR disciplines to implement pertinent programs and policies. This will also require experience working in a large Shared Services environment where understanding cause and effect with a centralized Resource Center is critical to success.
- Assumes a leadership role in representing the Sector as a liaison on cross functional working groups lead by the COEs, where communication of the Sector interest will be important to ensure solutions and changes are practical and business focused. Proper proactive vetting and communication with key stakeholders will be a critical component of this responsibility.
- Support and lead data integrity initiatives and partner with internal stakeholder to proactively audit data and processes to ensure accuracy and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Application of strong functional expertise in HR tools, systems, and processes for the management and delivery of HR services will be important. Proactively identifying process improvements and employing HR best practice aligned to business strategy will serve this individual very well.
Key Attributes & Critical Skills:
- Proactive leadership and project management guidance for HR initiatives and policies.
- Ability to take and provide feedback from both stakeholders and direct reports.
- Strong ability to manage and execute large, complex projects with a senior stakeholder population (from conception to implementation).
- Ability to look at things from a strategic lens and the ability to translate them to HR processes and positive business impact.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to influence change and decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the employee population; including executives.
- Detail oriented with both quantitative and qualitative outputs.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal employment laws.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and intermediate knowledge of Tableau
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required but Master’s preferred in business management, HR or related discipline. Minimum 13+ years work experience in HR or related discipline.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top