HR Business Partner
BAE Systems is looking for an HR Business Partner to work within the Electronic Systems Sector in Massachusetts. The ideal candidate for this position will have five or more years of HR experience with an emphasis on Employee Relations. This role will interact with all levels of employees and management at the Lexington, MA site. Local operational support and employee relations counsel to the employee and management community will be provided. Timely investigations will be conducted as required. Leadership of the site roll-out and delivery of HR programs and initiatives to site employees and management may include diversity & inclusion; wellness; performance improvement, employee opinion survey; reductions in force; etc. Provide HR support to site executives; deliver HR programs and initiatives to region in conjunction with HR leaders in BA, Functional, and Shared Services roles. Deliver guidance and counsel on FMLA, ADA, Worker's Comp, coordinate activities related to Equal Employment and compliance with employment laws and regulations; and champion company commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.
• Act as a resource on employment laws, policies, and other employee relations issues associated with the Human Resources discipline of Employee Relations (Investigating, counseling, tracking, follow through, and working within a matrixed environment);
• Consult with employees and managers to mitigate human capital related business risks by providing effective employee relations guidance, leading investigations, writing investigatory reports and providing appropriate recommendations;
• Counsel employees and management; recommending course of action based on corporate policy, practices and procedures.
• Work on compliance activities in conjunction with HRBP Site Lead HR Centers of Excellence, e.g., OFCCP Audits, Affirmative Action Plans, Unemployment hearings, Workers Comp, EEOC, ADA and Medical Leave related situations, etc.;
• Deliver in-house focus groups and coordinate communication of results and action planning with management and employees;
• Expedite problem resolution and tactical case management issues in collaboration with the HR and Payroll Shared Services team;
• Support Shared Services model and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of world class HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success;
• Partner with leadership to build a culture that is diverse and inclusive.
• Actively participate on various committees and teams as a contributing team member.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Employee Relations experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience or ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers;
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents;
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience supporting a federal contractor business a plus
- PeopleSoft Experience
- HR Certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top