HPC Software Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc. is looking for an experienced HPC Software Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining operational (Infrastructure-as-a-service) cloud systems and data flows. In Addition, this individual will design and implement software products and systems that will efficiently and effectively process and manage BIG DATA. This particular DevOps role will focus more on development than operations and therefore requiring strong Java development skills.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Linux system administration (RHEL/CENTOS) experience including software integration, service management and basic operating system routines (storage, network, and configuration).
• Experience with an IDE like (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, etc.) to promote rapid development and design
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with Atlassin tool suite (e.g., Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, etc.)
• Experience with Object-oriented development using Java/C++ and testing with Junit Test suite
• Experience with Linux shell scripting (e.g., Bourne, Python, etc.).
• Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies (e.g., daily standups, parking lots, project analysis and design, etc.)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Development with REST API
• Data parsing/transforming techniques used to manipulate JSON, XML, and CSV data formats
• Relational database knowledge (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Experience Key/Value repositories (e.g., Accumulo, Redis, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience with HPC programming applications to include ZooKeeper, Kafka, Apache NiFi, Apache Mesos, InfiniBand interconnect, GPFS, and GPU/CUDA programming is desired.
• ZooKeeper cluster configuration and deploymentExperience with Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Elasticsearch
• Experienced with FOSS monitoring and metrics tool suites (e.g., Ganglia, Nagios, OpenTSDB, and Grafana)
• Docker Container VM creation
• Experience with analytical algorithm design/data science
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top