HPC Engineering Technician
- Annapolis Junction, MD
Your new career awaits you at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems , a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services.
If you are a SR HPC Field Service Engineer Technician, we are interested in speaking with you.
The ideal candidate in this position, c onducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives. Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
Shift work required.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
Required Skills and Education
Candidates shall have an Associate's degree in computer technology or two (2) years of full time work in a High Performance computer field that can be substituted for the AA degree.
- Candidates must have experience with an understanding of the concepts, procedures and guidelines to solve highly complex problems in the maintenance and hardware/software network infrastructure.
- Experience performing system set-up, experiments and diagnostics to evaluate printed circuit board exchanges, and troubleshoot and make component repairs based on test results.
- Knowledge and experience of LINUX Operations Systems.
- Knowledge and experience in electronics component repair.
- Ability to communicate and work well in an effective team environment.
- Must be able to cover Shift 7PM -7AM Thurs, Fri, Sat and alternating Wed.
- TS SCI level clearance with appropriate poly required.
- Ability to lift ~50 lbs.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top