Host-Based Cyber Analyst
BAE Systems Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) is seeking a host-based cyber analyst to join a world-class highly dynamic team responsible for intrusion detection and incident response across dozens of countries. This is an opportunity to join a high performing team with a focus on the prevention and detection of nation-state cyber threats. Responsibilities include intrusion monitoring, incident response, host-based signature creation and tuning, and forensic imaging and investigation. This position is part of the Malware Analysis and End-point Threat Detection Team.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Forensics, or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Understand contemporary security architectures/devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, remote access technologies, anti-malware, SIEM and AV.
- Knowledge of the Windows Operating System internals.
- Experience with creating and tuning host-based signatures with tools such as FireEye HX, McAfee Access Protection, Carbon Black, Symantec Endpoint Detection, etc.
- Experience with creating rules for a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions such as ArcSight, McAfee ESM, Splunk Enterprise Security, etc.
- Experience with disk imaging and performing a forensic investigation with tools such as AccessData eDiscovery and FTK, Encase, Autopsy, etc.
- Understand common attack vectors and exploitation.
- Experience with common Penetration testing tools such as Metasploit, Mimikatz, PowerShellEmpire, etc
- Any of the following certifications:
- GIAC Forensic Examiner Certification (GCFE)
- GIAC Certification Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
- EnCase CFSR, EnCE, or EnCEP
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top