Hiring Now! Emergency Management Specialist
Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services is HIRING NOW!
We are seeking to hire multiple security cleared Emergency Management Specialists to support our National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) contracts. Qualified candidates will provide operational and staff support for Emergency Management (EM) which includes all-hazard Emergency Preparedness (EP), Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP), Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Continuity of Operations and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and High-Yield Explosive (CBRNE). Candidates may be required to assist with, prepare, and execute exercise scenarios.
To be successful, candidates will need to be able to interpret government regulations and applicable codes, and advise government management on the best course of action to ensure compliance; this may include gathering and analyzing law enforcement related information and collaborating with external entities. This may also include vulnerability assessments, reviews, and assessments of facilities. Prepares and conducts briefings and overviews to educate personnel and submits position and information papers in response to government requirements. Reaches out to identify opportunities for internal and external partnership development and supports/maintains information-sharing relationships. Selected candidates will identify best practices, benchmarks and lessons learned across the EM discipline and make continuous improvements to EM programs, procedures and capabilities. Qualified candidates will develops programs, procedures and contingency plans based on a risk approach and proposes solutions that monitor, evaluate and enable resolution to safeguard the workforce, reduce property loss, and support mission continuity Candidates may be required to complete and keep current of FEMA/DHS approved Incident Command System (ICS) training (e.g., ICS-100/4200).
Keywords: #MOJAVE, MOJAVE, #TS/SCI, #NGA, #HOTJOBS, #Emergency
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-8 years of experience
- Experience in performing three or more areas of the following: All-Hazards EP, LMR Program, CBRNE, Crisis Management, Strategic EM, CBRNE or Antiterrorism/Force Protection (AT/FP) Planning and Policy and participation in EM or Continuity of Operations exercises, and participation in national or DoD level homeland security EM or Mission Assurance exercises.
- Certification from FEMA for Incident Command System (ICS) training (e.g., ICS-100/200/300/400/700/800) and Level I Professional Continuity Planner certificate required.
- Industry certification from International Association of Emergency Management (IAEM) desired.
- Knowledge of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP).
- Completion and currency of a DoD Vulnerability Assessment course
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top