High School Engineering Intern (WiT and FIRST participants only)
To perform engineering work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision. Duties may include:
1. Perform specific professional technical assignments of an investigatory, design or test nature requiring limited analysis and evaluation, selection and application of basic engineering principles, theories and techniques.
2. Participate in the investigation, development and testing where overall operational, space, functional and similar design requirements have been specified. Design or select available designs to meet requirements. Evaluate merits of design with higher skilled engineers. Acquire familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards
3. Receive directions and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions from supervisor or senior engineering personnel.
4. Work from specific assignments from supervisor or senior engineering personnel which may include design and development of specific components, circuits, compilation of data for research investigation by study groups; performance of parameters that have been determined; analysis of test data; calculation of results.
5. Prepare charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans
6. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Required Skills and Education Current or prior participant in the Women in Technology program at BAE Systems or FIRST robotics.
Planning to pursue a BS Degree in Engineering or related STEM field starting Fall 2017, having completed high school (Class of 2017) by Summer 2017.
GPA 3.0 or higher About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top