High School Engineering Intern (PTECH participants only)
BAE Systems is seeking high school aged participants in the BOCES PTECH program for a summer internship. In this role, you will perform engineering work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
Duties may include:
1. Perform specific professional technical assignments of an investigatory, design or test nature requiring limited analysis and evaluation, selection and application of basic engineering principles, theories and techniques.
2. Participate in the investigation, development and testing where overall operational, space, functional and similar design requirements have been specified. Design or select available designs to meet requirements. Evaluate merits of design with higher skilled engineers. Acquire familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards
3. Receive directions and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions from supervisor or senior engineering personnel.
4. Work from specific assignments from supervisor or senior engineering personnel which may include design and development of specific components, circuits, compilation of data for research investigation by study groups; performance of parameters that have been determined; analysis of test data; calculation of results.
5. Prepare charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans
6. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
Candidates MUST be current participants in the BOCES PTECH Program .
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top