High Performance Computing Systems Administrator
- Salt Lake City, UT
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom .
We are seeking to hire an HPC Systems Administrator whose general responsibilities will be to maintain operation of multi-user HPC computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources..
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Ideal Candidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Experience shall include
- Installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms.
- Creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files.
- Fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level.
- Installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- Ability to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Support enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
Candidates shall also have experience with:
- Installation, configuration, tuning, troubleshooting and administration of:
- Multi-vendor servers running numerous COTS, opensource, and in-house applications to accommodate HPC Division IT support requirements
- Multi-vendor servers running Red Hat of SuSe with direct attached, FC SAN storage or SSDs
- Distributing computing tools such as ReS, LSF, and SLURM
- HPC farm systems, HPC MPP clustered systems, Front End servers of Special Purpose devices (SPDs)
- IBM of HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back end
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS and Lustre
- Pre-Factory testing, Factory testing, System integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPS systems
- Accepted professional certifications include:
- Valid RHCSA or higher red Hat certification
- Valid VMWare certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top