Help Desk Technician
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Perform system administration functions that include operating system monitoring,COTS software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, modifications to authorized user lists and user profiles, file system maintenance, monitoring of storage space, technical support to personnel to include creating accounts/resettingpasswords, etc.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Manage and maintain virtual machines hosted on clustered physical servers.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May assist in UNIX scripting to increase system administration efficiency.
9. Recognize hardware failures and take corrective action or assist with vendor repairs.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Provide accurate and timely documentation of network system problems via Incident Management processes and ticketing systems.
14. Provide assistance in the installation of IAVAs .
15. Execute system and configuration back-up and disaster recovery plans.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- UNIX/LINUX System Administration – Preferred
- Windows System Administration – Preferred
- Shift work (Panama Schedule – 12 hours/day for a total of 7 days over 2 week period)
Must possess appropriate, current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA -Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these criticalduties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education UNIX/LINUX System Administration – Preferred
Windows System Administration – Preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top