We are seeking an End User Support Generalist in Woodbridge, Virginia to support our Department of Justice programs.
This position will provide technical support to the end users of an operational environment. This support may take various forms, including phone conversations, email messages, and in-person interaction. This support should be focused on "first call" resolution, meaning that the generalist shall solve the end user's issue without escalation. The candidate shall perform the following duties:
- Support to end users who call into the help desk.
- Create and provide training materials on the usage of the system to end users both in groups and individually.
- Compile monthly metrics.
- Work with the operations engineers and application support engineers to support the operation and maintenance of all components of the environment.
- Support approved modifications to the environment to meet case requirements.
- Support on-call rotation for afterhours user support.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security or System or Network Administration
- 3+ years relevant professional experience in the following areas:
- Help Desk support
- User training and support
- System administration
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a cohesive team environment
- Strong desire to learn and contribute to program and team success
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top