HCM Technical Manager
BAE Systems, Inc. is seeking a Senior HCM Technical Manager with experience in full lifecycle management of Human Resources (HR) Systems (on premise and SaaS) as part of the Enterprise Applications organization, Enterprise Shared Services IT. The successful candidate will have a solid technical background in HCM technologies such as PeopleSoft, Oracle HCM Cloud, and other SaaS and on premise functional systems. The candidate must possess a strong background in leading technology teams and technology transformation.
An important part of the HCM Technical Manager role is partnering closely with the HR Shared Services and Center of Excellence (COE) professionals responsible for BAE's HR business. The candidate will team with HR to lead analysis, design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging HR software systems implementation projects. The position requires review of customer provided requirements and issues, either resolving those issues, or assessing requirements for technical solution delivery. The technical manager will lead creation of solutions from conceptual design through delivery of working solutions. The role requires thought leadership and strong relationship-building skills. Thinking "outside the box" is needed to meet the needs of change business needs.
BAE Systems is in the process of assessing Cloud HCM systems and the most qualified candidate will have background in implementing and managing Peoplesoft systems for large companies, as well as implementing a conversion of on premise HCM to Cloud HCM, or new implementation of a Cloud HCM system.
The candidate will also be responsible for PeopleSoft CRM for ticket tracking and management of both HR and Finance Shared Services which will be part of the challenge and evolution of the technical landscape at BAE. Direct reports of this position are PeopleSoft developers who will need to be part of assessment and re-skilling for the future environment. The HCM Technical Manager will work closely with leadership to help shape the future-state organization.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Proven technology background and ability to lead technical teams, drive objectives, and set strategy for the team. Specific knowledge of the PeopleSoft development environment and technical architecture.
- Experience with migrating from on premise to cloud based systems with preference being PeopleSoft to Oracle HCM experience
- Experience leading and implementing one or more of the following Oracle Cloud Applications: ERP, SCM, HCM, OIC).
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle Cloud security
- Knowledge of Oracle solution design and key elements of Oracle application architectures
- Experience leading complex Oracle projects working with cross-functional teams of Business, IT, and Compliance teams
- Experience with Oracle application/configuration-based controls (workflows, tolerance limits, system checks, logging, etc.)
- Experience with integrating applications, on premise and to the cloud, using a middleware software application such as WebMethods, Oracle Integration Cloud, and others.
- Working knowledge of internal control frameworks or knowledge of IT controls, with particular experience to understand IT and Business risks related to on premise and SAAS Oracle Applications
- Experience with Government and Department of Defense IT control requirements, and compliance with federal audit requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with a desire to continuously learn and share knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong written and oral skills, and willingness to present on a variety of functional or technical topics to broad audiences. The candidate will be asked to provide writing samples or past presentations to demonstrate this ability.
- Ability to work with a diverse portfolio of internal customers across businesses and adapt quickly to changing business needs and priorities during challenging systems transition
- Supervisory experience of teams including Consultants and Senior Consultants
- Advanced project management and status reporting capabilities, varying methodologies (agile, waterfall, prototyping)
- Held a position as a PeopleSoft Technical Manager: implemented PeopleSoft, upgraded PeopleSoft, managed O&M teams, has a strong understanding of the toolset and data structure, and can perform in an advisory role on technology design to customers and teams.
- Keeps abreast of technical and industry trends and seek opportunities to demonstrate and teach others on the job.
- Effectively builds and manages professional relationships while delivering specific solutions that add value.
- Ability to identify opportunities to integrate solutions and resources to optimize service capabilities.
- Proactive about assisting in the preparation and execution of technical strategy to meet business needs.
- Seeks opportunities to interact with and mentor personnel, including participating in the creation and rollout of training and developing skill sets.
- Provides real-time supervision during all phases of technology delivery to develop teams.
- Possess inherent interest in project management and team leadership. Create unique development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our internal customers and their genuine satisfaction with the work your team delivers.
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top