Hardware Section Manager
BAE Systems is seeking candidates to be a Hardware Engineering Lead on new development and/or established programs. Responsible for leading a team of hardware engineers in the technical development, testing or production of complex electro-mechanical Electronic Warfare systems. Serves as a technical lead, project manager and primary customer interface for all hardware content.
Must demonstrate strong technical aptitude and leadership skills. Must be able to lead mid-sized to large multidisciplinary hardware engineering teams ($4M - $16M hardware content) throughout all phases of the hardware product lifecycle, including proposals, design, development, integration, test, transition to production and sustainment.
Must have excellent leadership skills, communication skills and be able to work cross-functionally both within the HW organization, with other engineering disciplines and functions.
Background in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline preferred.
Responsibilities may include:
- Detailed project planning and execution of all hardware content, including cost, schedule, staffing and technical oversight.
- Lead a team of 5 - 30 multidisciplinary hardware personnel; including electrical engineers, RF engineers, FPGA engineers, mechanical engineers, design drafting and technicians.
- Serve as the Project Manager/Control Account Manager (CAM) for all hardware content; manage weekly reporting of schedule and financial status, generate recovery plans for any schedule and cost variances, and manage risk/opportunities and associated mitigation plans.
- Coordinate with cross-functional disciplines, such as Program Management, Systems Engineering, Software, Integrated Test Engineering and Operations.
- Participate in weekly Program Management Meetings.
- Provide daily work direction to other employees on a regular basis. Frequently mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise.
- Provide inputs on personnel performance.
- Interface, coordinate and negotiate with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Support proposal efforts to capture new business.
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas. Exercise considerable judgment in determining objectives.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
• Experience with the design, build, integration and test of complex electro-mechanical systems.
• Experience leading small hardware engineering teams.
• Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
• Ability to lead others to closure.
• Demonstrated experience presenting technical information to program teams and customers.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top