Hardware Development Manager
Do you want to be part of a team creating cutting edge, disruptive technologies that enable our military systems to protect our warfighters on land, at sea, and in the air? Our mission at BAE Systems is to "protect those who protect us." Are you a leader willing to take on that challenge?
The BAE Systems Electronic Combat Solutions Hardware Engineering organization is seeking a proven leader with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Firmware experience to manage the development of our next generation of Electronic Systems. This is state-of-the-art work surrounded by talented and dedicated professionals that embrace the challenge.
We innovate. We deliver. Our teams make new capabilities real. We give our military and commercial customers the decisive "edge" with a full range of products, including advanced electronics, security, and information technology solutions. Our products encompass a wide range of technologies including complex digital electronics, RF and analog circuits, mechanical chassis and packaging, and FPGA/firmware development.
Strong technical leaders with passion, integrity, and ability to solve complex problems are needed. This leadership role gives you the critical ownership of engineering technical, cost, schedule, and execution. This is your opportunity to lead, to shape, and to provide your enthusiasm and expertise to a multi-disciplined team focused on delivering best-in-class capabilities and performance. You will be working collaboratively with Project Technical Leads and Program Management to ensure overall program success. In this important leadership role you will effectively communicate program status to internal customers, senior leadership, and the external customer. Is this the challenge and opportunity for you?
We hope you are that leader.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Leading multi-discipline, state-of-the- art hardware teams through the hardware engineering design and development
- Employing your expertise, decision skills, and independent judgment in technical areas
- Leading critical design review activities for program success
- Communicating essential information and coordinating with other engineering disciplines, Procurement, Operations, and Program Management
- Developing program schedules, earned value criteria, and productivity metrics for efficient performance
- Ensuring the established Hardware Development Process is implemented successfully
- Supporting important program capture and proposal teams with hardware baselines that include development and cost/scheduling estimating
- Working with Project Technical Leads to determine program staffing needs and "right person/right job"
- Providing inputs on personnel performance
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must have a BSEE or BSME with at least 8 to 10 years of experience.
Experience with leading multi-disciplined engineering teams through various phases of the hardware product lifecycle is important. Specific skills include:
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Ability to lead others to closure
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or peers
- Technical design experience in an Electrical, Mechanical or Firmware realms
Preferred Skills include:
- Active Secret Clearance
- Earned Value Management or Cost Account Management Experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top