Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer - Midlevel
BAE Systems is seeking Guidance Navigation & Control Engineers to support the Air Force's next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system acquisition. Our customer is the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Office located at Hill AFB, north of Salt Lake City, Utah. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075.
This position will be located at or near Hill AFB, Utah.
Specifically BAE Systems is seeking a highly qualified Software Engineer capable of designing and writing code to perform accuracy and performance analyses of an autonomous, strategic grade, rad hard guidance set for ICBMs. This position will require working with a team of software developers to translate accuracy requirements from senior guidance systems engineers into software design followed by code and test at both the unit and system level. The software will perform missile flight test analyses using techniques including:
- Dynamic system simulation
- Error modeling of inertial guidance systems and sensors
- Performing covariance and Monte Carlo analyses using Kalman filtering techniques in predicting performance
- Development of tools and other software to aid in these performance analyses
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assess contractor overall software development approach to include development environments, versioning, configuration management, software quality assurance, software engineering processes, coding standards, and software verification/validation
- Collaborate with hardware engineers in the evaluation of contractor code partitioning between hardware and software
- Assess the adequacy/traceability of software requirements and design documentation
- Evaluate software designs relative to defined standards and processes
- Assess contractor progress through tracking of software metrics
- Assess throughput/memory requirements of contractor designs
- Collaborate with modeling and simulation engineers in development of Air Force software-in-the-loop simulations
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
BS 5+ years of experience, 2 years directly related experience or MS with 3+ years of experience with 1 year directly related experience. BS/MS degree in Engineering or comparable technical degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.).
Analytical, design and engineering skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
Strategic GN&C System design, analysis, modeling, and simulation.
Strong experience in using analytical tools such as Matlab/Simulink, POST2.
Experience in C++, Java, Matlab, PowerShell, C#, Python or similar OOP languages.
Demonstrated capability to comprehend large scale system architecture.
Is able to work in a dynamic environment, in concert with customers and contractors, in order to mature preliminary concepts to an eventual contractor provided final system design.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Ability to work with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior management, Air Force customers, contractors, technical staff and end users.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top