Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Weapon System Integration (WSI) Program Director
- Huntsville, AL
BAE Systems is looking for a senior and experienced Program Director to join our team in Huntsville, AL for an exciting opportunity supporting the capture and execution of the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Weapon System Integration (WSI) contract. Initially supporting the capture and proposal development stages of the GMD WSI program, upon award, you will subsequently manage all aspects of this new franchise program. You will have the opportunity to step into a high visibility senior leadership role that will lead all aspects of execution to include profit and loss responsibility /cost management, schedule management, staffing, customer engagement, and technical execution. The ideal candidate will be highly engaging, team-oriented, adaptable, customer-focused and able to respond rapidly to a dynamic programmatic environment. Hiring manager will consider candidates located in other U.S. locations.
The Program Director will:
• Assist the senior capture executive with developing and submitting a winning proposal.
• Work with the IDS leadership team to create the organizational design for the new business operation.
• Provide overall program leadership of a BAE System team of up to 1500 personnel; plan, execute, and manage all efforts within the program and across cross-functional teams.
• Serve as the focal point for all activity within the program including strategic planning.
• Ensure all contractor tasks are completed within the deadlines; tasking guidance from the Government is clear; personnel are qualified to perform the tasks; resolve personnel issues pre-emptively.
• Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction via flawless execution and regular customer engagements.
• Communicate with the Government leadership for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training and task clarification.
• Oversee and be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program to ensure that it meets or exceeds annual operating plan objectives.
• Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Monitor project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
• Ensure program efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the project teams, functional managers, and technical / engineering teams, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
• Model and demonstrate strong leadership in ethics, safety and security.
• Ensure program and product safety are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• Bachelor of Science Degree with 12+ years of progressive program management and leadership experience.
• In-depth experience with the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) weapon system, either as a U.S. Government employee or as a contractor
• In depth understanding of the Missile Defense Agency organization, programs, priorities and initiatives.
• Demonstrated success in leading large teams and/or organizations to achieve common goals.
• Able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision.
• Possess strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of Customer and internal leadership and management.
• Active U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Master of Science Degree in a related field.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Active Top Secret SCI security clearance.
• Proposal and/or business capture experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top