Ground Systems Engineer
The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Ground Systems Engineer focused on integration activities across the RS Enterprise. This individual will be a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the SBIRS and Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support enterprise integration activities for SMC/RS space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements to identify and support the management of risks, issues, interdependencies, identifying disconnects between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc). Candidate will develop action plans for resolution and assist the Government in executing selected solutions. Candidate should have experience with space systems (especially at SMC), ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience. Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring effective integration across space, ground, operations, and data exploitation; hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Coordinating ground integration requirements across the program of record, future ground, and acquisition planning elements across the RS Enterprise.
- Interacting with contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
- Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle and developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to support SMC/RS systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, and operations and sustainment.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
- Strong, proactive leader who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- 15+ years of strong demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program with a proven delivery record.
- Candidate should have experience with Space systems (especially at SMC), Weather systems, OPIR systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of technical analyses and program management support to a government customer.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Weather and/or SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top