GPS Principal System Engineer
- Cedar Rapids, IA
BAE Systems is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for designing, developing, and testing of industry-leading navigation products. Our team is looking for a new member interested in solving complex problems and creatively designing advanced and alternative navigation systems.
As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, integration, verification, and documentation. Assignments may include tasks such as system design work on a variety of military applications including the development and validation of various signal processing models and simulations for GPS navigation systems. These models and simulations will be developed to support various system analysis as well as direct implementation in digital signal processors for use as rapid prototypes or product solutions.
BAE Systems continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provide enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in the GPS and radio navigation technology, our array of products and systems cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications.
The M-Code Advanced Processing team has responsibility for developing new GPS navigation technologies and demonstrating the technology implemented in prototype hardware under field conditions. Primary areas of interest are Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receivers and simulators, multiple sensor fusion for navigation systems, GPS Anti-Jam and Anti-Spoofing techniques, and other classified product lines.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
The successful candidate should be experienced with and will have primary responsibilities in the following areas:
- Strong oral and written skills as this position involves working with a diverse team of experienced professionals, customers, and vendors
- Experience developing efficient signal processing architectures and algorithms for direct implementation in embedded digital signal processors
- Creating, modifying, and reviewing digital signal processing architectures and source code
- Developing verification and validation test
- Developing support scripts and utilities
- Performing hardware, firmware, and software integration, verification and validation activities
- Collaborating with other systems integrators, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to resolve system issues
- Developing presentations and technical reports
- Understanding of current system engineering processes
- Prior experience in GPS development
- Experience with GPS simulators
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
If the applicant has any of the following assets, it would be a plus:
- Familiarity with engineering development tools like DOORS, Matlab, Simulink, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Experience with hardware description languages (e.g. VHDL, etc.)
- Experience with modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of anti-jam and anti-spoofing GPS signal processing
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top