BAE Systems is seeking a senior and experienced Weapon Systems Readiness Program Manager to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract. Currently in the pre-solicitation phase, an award is anticipated in the March 2022 timeframe.
The successful candidate will act as the GMD Readiness Program Manager and have the day-to-day responsibility for leading the team that ensures the Readiness of the GMD Weapon System 24/7 and meets the required Availability standards.
The successful candidate must have significant and proven operations/maintenance/testing leadership experience with GMD programs and MDA. He/she must have an in-depth understanding of the technologies and the architecture of the GMD System, including the GMD Fire Control (GFC) and Communications Network (GCN), Ground-Based Radars, Sea-Based Radars, Space-Based Sensors, Ground Support Equipment and interceptor elements. The successful candidate must have the ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the readiness of the GMD System of Systems (SoS), and the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively at senior levels of the Customer, Warfighter, and Corporate Management to articulate the mission needs and requirements.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous working experience with MDA in a Readiness and/or a program management role
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the MDS as a system-of-systems (SoS) and the various C2, Sensor, and effector components
- The ability to lead multi-contractor teams to ensure the required levels of Weapon System Availability are met.
- The skills to identify interdependencies and plans for system testing, maintenance, obsolescence management, logistics, design solutions, cyber resiliency, and execution through critical path analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all areas of large scale, complex weapon system management, test operations, sustainment, and training
- Working experience with the operating policies and procedures for all Readiness aspects of the GMD SITR responsibilities
- In-depth understanding of MDA organization, programs, processes, priorities, and initiatives, and program management practices including budgets, schedules, and related performance standards
- Demonstrated success in being able to work across programs, organizations, and/or other stakeholders to achieve common goals
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline
- 10 years of progressive Readiness or Program Management leadership experience
- Former operational experience with missile defense systems
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external SMEs and consultants, the Warfighter Community, and cross-organizational stakeholders at various levels of customer and internal leadership and management
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Masters degree in relevant discipline
- 15 years progressive Readiness or Program Management leadership experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.