BAE Systems is seeking a senior and experienced GMD In Service Fleet (Ground Based Interceptor (GBI)) Program Manager to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract.
The successful candidate will act as the lead manager for the GMD SITR In Service Fleet integration team, including the associated Expendable Kill Vehicle (EKV), and have the day-to-day responsibility for leading the multi-disciplinary team that supports the GMD Program Office, as Lead Systems Integrator, in all aspects of GBI and EKV cost, schedule and performance.
The successful candidate must have significant and proven program management and/or technical leadership experience with GMD programs and MDA. He/she must have an in-depth understanding of the technologies and performance of the GBI and EKV and have a good understanding of the architecture of the overall GMD Weapon System at the element level, including the GMD Fire Control (GFC) and Communications Network (GCN), Ground-Based Radars, Sea-Based Radars, Space-Based Sensors and Launch Support System. The successful candidate must have the ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the readiness of the GMD System of Systems (SoS), and the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively at senior levels of the Customer, Warfighter, and Corporate Management to articulate the mission needs and requirements.
Location: Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous working experience with MDA in a program management or technical leadership role
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the current GBI and EKV and a good understanding of the overall GMD Weapon System as a system-of-systems (SoS) and the various C2, Sensor, and Launch Support components
- The ability to lead multi-disciplinary and multi-contractor teams to ensure the required levels of GBI and EKV performance and Availability are met.
- The skills to identify interdependencies and plans for system testing, maintenance, obsolescence management, logistics, design solutions, cyber resiliency, and execution through critical path analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all areas of large scale, complex weapon system management, test, operations, sustainment, and training
- Working experience with the operating policies and procedures for all management aspects of the GMD GBI/EKV SITR responsibilities
- In-depth understanding of MDA organization, programs, processes, priorities, and initiatives, and program management practices including budgets, schedules, and related performance standards
- Demonstrated success in being able to work across programs, organizations, and/or other stakeholders to achieve common goals
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline
- 10 years of progressive program management or technical leadership experience
- Former experience with GMD and/or missile defense systems
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external SMEs and consultants, the Warfighter Community, and cross-organizational stakeholders at various levels of customer and internal leadership and management
- Maintain an active Top Secret clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Masters degree in relevant discipline
- 15 years progressive program management or technical leadership experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.