BAE Systems is seeking a senior and experienced GMD Cybersecurity Manager to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract. Currently in the pre-solicitation phase, an award is anticipated in the March 2022 timeframe.
The successful candidate will act as the lead manager for all aspects of the execution of the GMD Cybersecurity Program and DevSecOps in an MBSE environment. They will have the day-to-day responsibility for leading the multi-disciplinary team that supports the GMD Program Office, as Lead Systems Integrator, in all aspects of the GMD Cyber resiliency and DevSecOps.
The successful candidate must have significant Cybersecurity and/or technical leadership experience with GMD programs and MDA. He/she must have an in-depth understanding of the Cybersecurity programs and resiliency functions, from ATO and automated RMF/STIG to training GMD warfighters in resiliency tactics, techniques and procedures. The successful candidate must have the ability to act independently to lead cyber resiliency testing and DevSecOps, plus have an in depth understanding of the application of innovative cyber tools to ensure the fight-through capability of the GMD weapon systems. They must be able to build and lead a team to uncover and resolve issues associated with the GMD Cybersecurity Program and the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively at management levels of the Customer, Warfighter, and Company to articulate the Cybersecurity mission needs and requirements.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous working experience with MDA in a Cybersecurity management or technical leadership role
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the overall GMD Weapon System as a system-of-systems (SoS)
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary cyber team and system engineers for DevSecOps and cradle-to-grave cyber application plus multi-contractor teams to ensure the objectives of the Cybersecurity Program (such as automated RMF/STIG) are met.
- Influence the design of future modifications to the GMD weapon system through DevSecOps.
- The skills to identify interdependencies and plans for the Cybersecurity Program through critical path analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all areas of large scale, complex weapon Cybersecurity
- Working experience with the operating policies and procedures for all management aspects of the GMD Cybersecurity SITR responsibilities
- In-depth understanding of MDA organization, programs, processes, priorities, and initiatives, and program management practices including budgets, schedules, and related performance standards
- Demonstrated success in being able to work across programs, organizations, and/or other stakeholders to achieve common goals
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant discipline
- 10 years of progressive Cybersecurity or technical leadership experience
- Former experience with GMD and/or missile defense systems Cybersecurity
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong task management skills, including experience managing teams/programs with special emphasis on meeting engineering challenges.
- Ability to develop Cybersecurity related requirements and associated strategies
- Knowledge and experience working with the DoD's Cybersecurity processes, DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- CISSP or equivalent certification per DoD Directive 8570.1
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external SMEs and consultants, the Warfighter Community, and cross-organizational stakeholders at various levels of customer and internal leadership and management
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Masters degree in relevant discipline
- 15 years progressive Cybersecurity management or technical leadership experience
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with DoDAF-compliant architectures, system requirements analysis, requirements trace management and model-based (systems) engineering
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.