BAE Systems is seeking a senior and experienced GMD Boost Vehicle Project Manager to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract. Currently in the pre-solicitation phase, an award is anticipated in the March 2022 timeframe.
The successful candidate will act as the lead Project Manager for the SITR GMD Boost Vehicle Integration team and have the day-to-day responsibility for leading the multi-disciplinary team that supports the GMD Project Office, as Lead Systems Integrator, in all aspects of cost, schedule and performance.
The successful candidate must have significant and proven Project management and/or technical leadership experience with GMD Projects and MDA. He/she must have an in-depth understanding of the technologies and the architecture of the GMD Boost Vehicle plus a good overall understanding of the GMD system at the element level, including the Fire Control and Communications Network, Ground-Based Radars, Sea-Based Radars, Space-Based Sensors, and the Exo-atmospheric Kill Vehicle (EKV). The successful candidate must have the ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the readiness and performance of the GMD Boost Vehicle, and the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively at management levels of the Customer, Warfighter, and Corporate Management to articulate the mission needs and requirements.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous working experience with MDA in a Project management or technical leadership role
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all GMD Boost Vehicles to include the new C3 booster stack plus a good understanding of the overall GMD system at the element level
- The ability to lead multi-disciplinary and multi-contractor teams to ensure the required levels of Boost Vehicle performance and Availability and integration are met.
- The skills to identify interdependencies and plans for integration, system testing, maintenance, obsolescence management, logistics, design solutions, cyber resiliency, and execution through critical path analysis in an MBSE environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all areas of large scale, complex Boost Vehicle management, test, operations, sustainment, and training
- Working experience with the operating policies and procedures for all management aspects of the GMD Boost Vehicle SITR responsibilities
- In-depth understanding of MDA organization, Projects, processes, priorities, and initiatives, and Project management practices including budgets, schedules, and related performance standards
- Demonstrated success in being able to work across Projects, organizations, and/or other stakeholders to achieve common goals
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in aerospace, mechanical or other relevant discipline
- 8 years of progressive Project management or technical leadership experience
- An in-depth understanding of solid rocket motor chemistry, materials and dynamics
- Former experience with GMD and/or missile defense systems
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external SMEs and consultants, the Warfighter Community, and cross-organizational stakeholders at various levels of customer and internal leadership and management
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Masters degree in relevant discipline
- 10 years progressive Project management or technical leadership experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.