GITS DOJ FBI Business Development Lead
The Intelligence & Security Sector (I&S) is seeking a Director of Business Development, for Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation customer accounts. This position, located in McLean, Virginia, will report directly to the Vice President Business Development for Global IT Solutions who is responsible for developing our IT and Cyber business and capabilities across the entire Federal market. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to leverage a strong understanding of the FBI major acquisition vehicles and methods and bring their strong business relationships with key customer and industry decision makers to extend BAE Systems’ exemplary performance reputation to support the FBI mission.
The ideal candidate will have a deep working knowledge of customers, contracts, and future opportunities within the FBI’s IT Branch, especially the IT Application and Data Division; Science and Technology Branch and within the Operations Technology Division and Cyber Division. In addition to this background, experience with the Terrorist Screening Center, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, or other areas of the FBI with non-commodity IT opportunities is desired.
The candidate will:
- Be a key advisor in building, maturing and executing a comprehensive FBI campaign plan to support business growth objectives for this key account.
- Identify and qualify a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that build on BAE Systems’ current excellent customer support and align with I&S core mission IT and Cyber capabilities and strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities, and requirements and advance BAE Systems’ current recognition in this customer space as an innovative industry leader.
Lead the activities to capture strategic opportunities through to contract award Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Understanding of the business unit’s core capabilities and strategic plans
- Ability to quickly master automation tools for use in individual taskings and as information resource for others needing to use these systems
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate meetings with diverse constituents – including senior level corporate participants
- Strong analytical skills to participate in competitive assessments and industry trends analysis
- Understanding of Government acquisition process and policies
- Attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with superior ability to present and garner support for targeted opportunities in executive briefings
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- BS + 15years
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top