GIS Data Manager
BAE Systems has an immediate need for GIS Developers supporting NGA's Office of Counterproliferation.Multi-Media GIS Data Managers will design and deliver operations research applications (databases, websites, tools, and products) that are geospatially enabled to support the Office of Counterproliferation. The intent is to develop automation to streamline Geospatial and Imagery processes to improve consistency and quality across all of the Office of Counterproliferation. Based on intelligence requirements, the GIS Data Managers will develop new geospatial methods and technologies from an operations research framework. They work with Multi-Media Animators, cartographers, graphic designers, and ESRI technologies to implement and maintain geographic visualization standards.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education and experience:
- 3 years of Geospatial Analysis/GIS Development supporting the Intelligence Community.
- Proficiency using ESRI ArcGIS and extensions for Geospatial Exploitation, automation
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using REMOTE VIEW, IEC, NES, and common office software to include PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, word processing. Knowledge of the intelligence collection process.
- Experience with network analysis, data management, versioned editing, and scripting.
- Experience designing, maintaining, and delivering operations research applications (databases, websites, tools, and products) that are geospatially enabled.
Experience automating tasks to streamline Imagery Analyst and Geospatial Analyst processes.
Experience with cloud (AWS, C2S, etc.) operations
- Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using including ArcObjects (preferred) or MapObjects; modeling with ArcSDE; GIS Server or ArcIMS site development, implementations and maintenance.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment
The ideal candidate will be able familiar with ArcServer SDE databases and Flex internet sites (developing and editing functionality as needed), coordinate the development of custom applications in ArcGIS, develop logical models, and prepare required documentation. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in Enterprise Geodatabase Administration, conversion and update data for users and web application, experience designing, implementing, or working with ArcSDE implementations, database design and programming skills, and experience with Flex or Java script. Work is performed under the direction of the GIS Manager and is reviewed while in progress and upon completion for adherence to policies and procedures and accomplishment of goals. Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using including ArcObjects (preferred). Proficiency in arcPython, R, Plotly and other programming languages.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top