Geospatial Technician III
This geospatial technology expert will develop and shape new ways of producing and exploiting foundation GEOINT products and content, as well as provide creative solutions to enhance production performance. The candidate will work with a team of analysts, developers and systems engineers to optimize production, exploitation and dissemination of standard and prototype GEOINT products, content and services. The candidate will contribute knowledge and capabilities to campaigns resulting in development, implementation and improvement of new and existing solutions and services. The Geospatial technology expert uses in-depth knowledge of ESRI/ArcGIS (10.x) technology and other COTS geospatial analysis software to develop innovative tools, scripts, workflows and solutions that leverage existing GEOINT for analysis/understanding and creation of new tool offerings. Some travel is expected to support intercompany technical exchanges.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Advanced knowledge of the Esri ArcGIS for Desktop suite (10.x)
- Experience extending the ArcGIS suite via Python
- Thorough knowledge of standard and non-standard GEOINT products and content
- Advanced geoprocessing knowledge for development of data comparison, data analysis, and exploitation tools and approaches
- Working knowledge of data integration/conflation and spatial ETL processes.
- Experience with use and customization of ESRI extensions including: 3D Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst, Network Analyst, WMX/TAM and Defense/Production Mapping
- Ability to work independently in developing creative solutions
- Ability to work and communicate well with management, customers and other stakeholders- including clear and concise presentation/demonstration of advanced technical concepts
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of current and emerging GIS and GEOINT trade craft and content management approaches.
- Familiarity with NGA content management domain, architecture, schemas and mission.
- General knowledge of various geospatial software suites (ex: ERDAS, GXP, ENVI, Esri, FME).
- Experience extending the ArcGIS suite via ArcObjects
- Experience with ArcSDE (10.x) and ArcGIS for Server (10.x).
- Working Knowledge of ArcGIS Pro
- Working Knowledge of ArcGIS API for Python
- SQL Server 2012 Database Administration
- Portal for ArcGIS 10.X
- Safe Software FME, or other ETL software solutions.
- Knowledge of Open Geospatial Standards including: Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Map Service (WMS), and Web Coverage Service (WCS), Web Map Tile Service (WMTS) and extensions for Catalogue Service (CSW) and Web Processing Service (WPS)
- Understanding of raster data formats, which may include: commercial imagery, panchromatic, small-sat and SAR data as well as experience in image exploitation and automated image processing and classification.
- Advanced degree, secondary degree, or certification in GEOINT sciences (remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.).
- Active SECRET clearance
- Ability to pass a 3D stereo-visualization test
- GIS, geography, or other certifications.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top