Geospatial Systems Administrator
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated, self-starting Information Technology professional to join our Product
Dissemination (NPD) Support Team preferably in St. Louis, MO (but would consider Springfield, VA) as a
GIS System Administrator. The GIS Systems Administrator will be responsible for the installation, testing, monitoring, and maintenance of a Geographic Information System (GIS) within a large DoD organization. The GIS provides exploitation and visualization services associated with a broad array of standard and non-standard geographic products. These products include (but not limited to) raster and vector-based map products, digital terrain data, charts, and various safety of navigation data.
The GIS administrator will monitor and maintain the various applications utilized, specifically ArcGIS and geoserver. This includes the
management and validation of the data. Issues with applications and/or data should be corrected or elevated to the appropriate team
for resolution. The position includes the responsibility for interfacing with all customers of the GIS system including both geospatial
data publishers and internal/external consumers.
The ideal candidate would also be able to maintain/develop scripts/programs to ingest and process data destined for visualization
By the GIS.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of industry GIS tool suites to include Geoserver and ArcGIS server.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of publishing web services from spatial databases (including Oracle Spatial and PostGIS).
- Understanding of open source GIS protocols (OGC Standards - WMS, WFS, WCS).
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft tool suite including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Linux and/or Windows System administration background.
- Programming/scripting background (Python and/or Java).
- Professional certification(s) in GIS.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in GIS Administration and testing.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in NGA-specific GIS Administration and testing.
- 3 years of GIS administration experience working with NGA and mission partner programs.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top