Geospatial Systems Administrator
- Fenton, MO
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community, driven to improve our future, protect our freedom - and what matters.
We are seeking a GIS Systems Administrator to join our team in St. Louis, MO. (Arnold). The Engineer will work with and provide support across a wide range of applications in a large-scale, multi-network, multi-domain environment.
The GIS Systems Administrator will be responsible for the installation, testing, monitoring, and maintenance of a Geographic Information System (GIS) within a large DoD organization. The GIS provides exploitation and visualization services associated with a broad array of standard and non-standard geographic products. These products include (but not limited to) raster and vector-based map products, digital terrain data, charts, and various safety of navigation data.
The GIS administrator will monitor and maintain the various applications utilized, specifically ArcGIS and GeoServer. This includes the management and validation of the data. The position includes the responsibility for interfacing with all customers of the GIS system including both geospatial data publishers and internal/external consumers.
The ideal candidate would also be able to maintain/develop scripts/programs to ingest and process data destined for visualization by the GIS.
Required Skills and Education
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of industry GIS tool suites to include GeoServer and ArcGIS server.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of publishing web services from spatial databases (including Oracle Spatial and PostGIS).
- Understanding of open source GIS protocols (OGC Standards - WMS, WFS, WCS).
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a large program with a DoD customer.
- Linux and/or Windows System administration background.
- Programming/scripting background (Python and/or Java).
- Professional certification(s) in GIS.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in GIS Administration and testing.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a DoD-specific GIS Administration and testing.
- 3 years of GIS administration experience working with DoD and mission partner programs.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top