Geospatial Analyst - Journeyman
Read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs and use Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) to develop GEOINT reports and products to solve intelligence questions. Responsibilities include extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling to solve problems and enhance the GEOINT knowledge of mission-specific intelligence issues. This also includes extracting specific mission-related feature data in accordance with NGA data and product specifications and with respect to non-standard product requirements. Support the development and implementation of metadata catalogs based on NGA standards. Perform network and infrastructure analysis for all aspects of geographic routes to included electric power networks, transportation networks, communication networks, and security forces. Collaborate with analysts, partners, and customers as required to provide written analytical intelligence reports, graphics, and briefing to communicate the analysis rendered. Produce GEOINT in support of locating, compiling, characterizing, and monitoring mission-specific facilities, logistics and studies assessing terrorist networks.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
3-10 Years of Geospatial Analysis experience.
Candidate must possess in depth understanding of and experience using the following:
- ESRI ArcGIS.
- Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using ArcObjects or MapObjects; modeling with ArcSDE; GIS Server or ArcIMS site development, implementations and maintenance .
- Imagery Exploitation Software (SOCET GXP, RemoteView) and working knowledge of Cedalion.
- Regular expression usage, temporal expressions, and geospatial representations (datum, projections, and coordinate systems).
- Network analysis, data management, versioned editing.
- Python (arcpy), VBA program languages and scripting.
- General all-source intelligence analysis to include permutations and conversion of geo-database files, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV files.
- Understanding of Activity Based Intelligence.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree in GIS related field
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top