BAE Systems is looking for talented Geospatial Analysts excited provide full spectrum GEOINT analysis in support of NGA's GPS Monitoring efforts.
Geospatial Analysis services include extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling to solve problems and enhance the GEOINT knowledge of mission-specific intelligence issues. This also includes extracting specific mission-related feature data in accordance with NGA data and product specifications and with respect to non-standard product requirements.
The selected candidate will serve as the geospatial expert on a team of intelligence professionals. Responsibilities will include data collection from diverse sources, spatial analysis, model development, creation of maps/graphics for analysts and decision makers, and deliver training courses and briefings. The position requires familiarity with a diverse array of GIS related technology; advanced knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems; proficiency in performing queries and manipulating geographic referenced data; ability to effectively plan and manage projects; and an ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written communication. Furthermore, must be capable to work in a team environment both independently and collaboratively to deliver actionable intelligence products.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
10+ years of relevant geospatial analysis experience
- Superior knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcServer.
- Superior knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Superior knowledge of data format conversion.
- Superior knowledge of coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM) and their conversions.
- Knowledge of projections and their properties and conversions.
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to portray features)
- Knowledge of Python (arcpy), VBA program languages and scripting.
- Knowledge of feature data services and data modelling.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
- Imagery Exploitation Software (SOCET GXP, RemoteView) and working knowledge of Cedalion.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top