Read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs and use GIS to develop intelligence reports and products to solve key intelligence questions. Responsibilities include extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling. The select candidate will illuminate key locations and personalities within terrorist networks utilizing Big Data mining and aggregation. The geospatial analyst will synthesize accurate and timely Spatial-Temporal Multi-INT assessments based on the data mined leveraging geospatial analytic and production tools. This position requires strong collaboration skills with analyst, mission partners and customers. Intelligence reports, graphics and briefing will be used to communicate the analysis rendered.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
3-10 Years of Geospatial Analysis experience.
Candidate must possess in depth understanding of and experience using the following:
- ESRI ArcGIS.
- Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using ArcObjects or MapObjects; modeling with ArcSDE; GIS Server or ArcIMS site development, implementations and maintenance .
- Imagery Exploitation Software (SOCET GXP, RemoteView) and working knowledge of Cedalion.
- Regular expression usage, temporal expressions, and geospatial representations (datum, projections, and coordinate systems).
- Network analysis, data management, versioned editing.
- General all-source intelligence analysis to include permutations and conversion of geo-database files, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV files.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree in GIS related field
- Python (arcpy), VBA program languages and scripting
- Understanding of Activity Based Intelligence
- Experience with Full Motion Video
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top