GCCS-M and CANES Technical Specialist
- Wallops Island, VA
BAE Systems is seeking a GCCS-M and CANES Technical Specialist to be part of our experienced technical team located at the Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC), Wallops Island, VA. SCSC is located on a barrier island on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and is a tenant activity of NASA's Wallops Flight Facility. SCSC provides live surface combat systems platform support for AEGIS Cruisers/Destroyers and SSDS Aircraft Carriers/Amphibious ships. Areas of support include, new system installation/activation/testing, Life Cycle Engineering, Element Integration, Live Fleet Operations, System Certification, Operational/Technical Evaluation, Fleet Emergent testing, CASREP support, Fleet training, interoperability testing and Combat Systems Qualification Trials.
The selected candidate will install, integrate, configure, modify, maintain, operate and troubleshoot all configurations and versions of GCCS-M and CANES systems at SCSC Wallops Island.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Installing and testing software and middleware
- Configuring tactical core switches
- Configuring tactical networks, network switches and interfaces
- Performing preventive and corrective maintenance
- Utilize network and data analysis tools to isolate and correct network connectivity issues
- Build, Load and/or Reconfigure hard drives and virtual drives
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and correct hardware, software, middleware and network issues
- Administer the Navy 3M system for GCCS-M and CANES using the Navy's SKED program/data base
- Install and Integrate new systems
Provide regular and periodic reports covering capability, functionality and readiness of the GCCS-M and CANES systems at SCSC
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Minimum education and years of related/relevant work experience required: High School/GED and at least 6 years of experience in maintaining and operating GCCS-M and/or CANES systems. This includes performing corrective and preventive maintenance, software installation, core switch/network configuration and analysis of GCCS-M and/or CANES systems and networks. Candidates who have an Associate's Degree and 4 years of experience or a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience may be considered.
Additional skills/experience required:
- Current Security+ certification, preferred. Otherwise, selected candidate will be required to obtain Security+ certification within six months of their hire date.
- PQS 301 qualification, preferred. Otherwise, selected candidate will be required to become PQS 301 qualified within three months of their hire date.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to define, articulate, and communicate equipment status and troubleshooting efforts effectively and recommend courses of action for resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to coordinate, schedule and implement equipment upgrades.
1. Monday-Friday (5 x 8): 1st Shift
2. Monday-Friday (5 x 8): 2nd Shift
3. Variable 4 x 10 shifts that may include weekends (4 days on/3 days off) and may be 1st or 2nd shift
4. Sliding (5 x 8) work weeks (Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday) and may be 1st or 2nd shift
**PLEASE NOTE - These work week configurations may be scheduled on a rotational basis
Security clearance requirement: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (U.S. Citizenship required). Selected candidate will receive a contingent offer and start date will be delayed until at least an interim Secret clearance is granted.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Highly desired, but not required:
PQS 301-304 Qualification
Active DoD Secret security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top