GBSD Sys Engr Group Manager
The 800+ BAE Systems, Inc. ("BAE") employees in the Air Force Solutions--Strategic Systems Directorate support the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center ICBM System Directorate as it sustains the existing LGM-30 Minute Man III weapon system and acquires its replacement, the Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD). BAE is an integral part of the team that ensures a safe, secure land-based portion of the nuclear triad as required by the war fighter (Air Force Global Strike Command) through 2030 for the MMIII, and for the GBSD from its IOC at that time until 2075. The Integration Support Contract (ISC) not only assists in acquisition and technical sustainment engineering, but also helps train and develop this capability in the government. This contract augments organic resources by providing breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and ICBM Demonstration / Validation (Dem/Val) Integrated Applications Programs.
This position will be located at or near Hill AFB, Utah.
The individual will lead and manage the Integration Support Contract (ISC) Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Group in support of GBSD Program acquisition development. GBSD is a replacement for the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system, including the ground, flight, and command & control elements.
The position oversees a growing team of multi-disciplinary engineers in conducting analytics, system specification development, system architecture, test & evaluation, Model Based (Systems) Engineering, integration, configuration management, nuclear surety, reliability, availability & maintainability, and other specialty engineering functions at the direction of the GBSD Program Systems Engineering Branch Chief, Chief Engineer, and System Program Manager. The individual will work closely with these and other government team members, to ensure coordinated and effective Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) support of the GBSD program.
This position will conduct duties in concert with an ISC GBSD Lead Engineer, who will provide technical guidance and oversight of the technical products generated by the SEIT team. The position will coordinate closely with several other peer Managers of Product (GBSD weapon system and sub-system)-oriented Groups.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in an Engineering discipline.
- Active clearance.
- Fifteen (15) years related experience with industry or government.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven record of managing large teams/programs, with special emphasis on meeting engineering challenges.
- Demonstrated comfort working under stressful conditions, aggressive schedules, variable workloads, and shifting priorities.
- Able to implement strategic customer guidance with little day-to-day direction.
- Experience with DoDAF-compliant architectures, system requirements analysis, requirements trace management (including DOOR/DNG or other related tool experience), and model-based (systems) engineering experience (including familiarity with related tools such as CAMEO).
Preferred Skills and Education
- MS or PhD in an Engineering discipline.
- Active clearance.
- DoD acquisition experience, i.e. DAU certifications.
- Minuteman III or other missile system SE/PM experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in managing the design and analysis of new ICBM systems, as well as high-fidelity 3-DOF and 6-DOF simulations with fundamental knowledge in guidance, navigation, and control systems.
- Expertise with MBSE tools such as CAMEO.
- Understanding in computational fluid, structural, and thermal dynamics, equations of motion, sensors and actuators for propulsion systems.
- Experience in software engineering disciplines suitable for a growing development team with an understanding of how to direct the development of vehicle loads and environments in developing weapon system requirements and support contractor design evaluations.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top