GBSD Product Support Lead Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking an exceptional individual with strong systems engineering and logistics support analysis expertise to support the Air Force’s next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system acquisition. Our customer is the ICBM System Program Office Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Division located at Hill AFB, north of Salt Lake City, Utah. The Division is beginning the acquisition of an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile system to replace the Minuteman III starting in the late 2020s. In order to successfully field a new weapon system, the GBSD program requires a comprehensive product support strategy that ensures the system can be efficiently operated, maintained and sustained well into the future.
This position will serve as the Lead Systems Engineer supporting the government’s GBSD Product Support Manager (PSM) in development and deployment of the product support strategy to meet GBSD Program requirements and timelines throughout the phases of the acquisition. Specifically, this BAE Systems team member will be responsible for supporting formulation and execution of a detailed assessment of an overall logistics support strategy for the Nation’s newest ICBM. This includes drafting, updating, and coordinating acquisition logistics documents as the program proceeds through its acquisition milestones. They will be involved in working with contractors during the acquisition phases in analyzing the 12 elements of logistics against the contractors’ design and recommendations and providing input to the various product IPTs to ensure they are adequately addressed in the GBSD system design. They will assist the PSM in ensuring operations and sustainment costs are considered; assess supply chain management requirements; determine requirements for business case analyses and trade studies; execute a depot source of repair analysis; and work with the various IPTs, stakeholders and contractors to assess and develop the product support strategy. Finally, this individual will support the PSM in conducting meetings and providing subject matter expertise to enable sound logistics and sustainment decisions.
The position is being filled as a part of the Future ICBM Sustainment and Acquisition Construct (FISAC) under which BAE Systems augments organic government resources by providing breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and ICBM Demonstration / Validation (Dem/Val) Integrated Applications Programs. Position will be located at or near Hill AFB, Utah.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering Field
- 12+ years’ experience in Systems and/or Logistics Engineering (10+ years with a Master’s Degree)
- Experience in DoD and/or AF acquisitions, associated processes, and documentation
- Analytical, design and engineering skills
Preferred Skills and Education Strongly Preferred:
- Experience in development and review of acquisition-related documents including but not limited to Acquisition Strategies, Statements of Work, Requests For Information, Requests For Proposal, Systems Engineering Plans, Test and Evaluation Management Plans.
- Experience in using logistics modeling and simulation software.
- Experience in logistics support planning.
- Thorough understanding of acquisitions process and requirements at various program milestones.
- MS in Systems Engineering.
- Experience in Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) engineering.
- Experience in acquisition or requirements related to nuclear weapon systems.
- Ability to work with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior management, Air Force customers, contractors, technical staff and end users.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top