GBSD Acquisition Program Manager
BAE Systems, Inc is offering exciting opportunities to join one of the USAF's largest and most important acquisition programs--the Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program, which will replace the current Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM). This position centers around advising, supporting, assisting and facilitating the System Program Office (SPO) in the planning and strategizing for upcoming GBSD acquisition milestones and contracts. It requires logical, creative thought processes and the ability to implement program leadership decisions.
The team is the principle conduit for acquisition and strategic planning and preparation for the GBSD acquisition milestones. Specifically, this position creates, manages and oversees acquisition document management/coordination, briefing development, and acquisition document development.
It is responsible for integrating functional expertise across the program office to inform programmatic decisions and provide recommendations to the System Program Manager. Facilitates the SPO's acquisition planning, acquisition reporting, strategic communications, program execution review, and business processes. Interacts with staff and senior leaders in OSD, HAF, AFGSC, and the DOE. Must coordinate and integrate actions between program managers, senior engineers, logisticians, testers, and external agencies.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience (Master's Degree +10 years experience). At least 8 years of defense acquisition experience.
- DAU Certified Level III Acquisition PM
- ACAT I Program experience
- Experience in authoring Statement of Work, Acquisition Strategy Document, Request for Proposal
- Experience with DoD 5000.2 document development and coordination
- Knowledge of Air Force mission, roles, and organizations that interface and/or influence the acquisition process
- Knowledge of policies, regulations and laws concerning the acquisition process
- HQ Program Element Monitor experience
- Air Force HQ or subordinate HQ experience
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top