Fraud Detection Technical Analyst
BAE Systems seeks experienced analysts to work on consultancy projects with blue chip clients in banking, insurance, telecoms and Government; primarily focused upon fraud detection and compliance. Project based work will cover all stages of deploying, integrating and configuring enterprise intelligence solutions from data mining, predictive modeling and rule generation to large scale implementations.
This role offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in our flagship social network and link analysis product NetReveal®. This product is rapidly gaining market dominance in fraud detection and prevention through social network analysis in a big data environment. NetReveal® has also been shown to be applicable in credit risk and marketing as well as law enforcement, counter-terrorism, and other investigative functions. It provides a step change in prediction by allowing all the traditional modeling techniques to be applied to social networks rather than stand-alone individuals or accounts.
- Deploying and integrating enterprise solutions including:
- Configuration of the software and supporting applications
- Development of custom extensions, to provide required integrations or functionality
- Responding to and resolving technical issues
- Applying and developing leading edge analytical methods, including data mining techniques and social network analysis
- Supporting client presentations and workshops
- Delivering high quality work to meet client expectations and project deadlines.
- Going beyond routine questioning to find the underlying causes of problems or discrepancies to identify problems and develop sound solutions
- Tracking and reporting development progress to Senior Technical Analyst or Technical Lead
- Also depending on experience:
- Setup of supporting middleware;
- Configuration of J2EE applications;
Work on release procedures and source control.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience handling, processing, and analyzing large data sources
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills
- Willingness to travel when necessary to meet client needs
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree from a recognized university (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics or closely related field
- 0 to 2 years’ professional experience in software development
- Coding and scripting experience in some of the following:
- Programming: SAS, Java, or Python (other languages may be considered)
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, or DB2
- Linux/Unix and shell scripting
- Source Control Tools
- Experience in financial services
- Knowledge of statistics and predictive modelling
- Testing using continuous integration tools
- Webapp experience: JBoss, WebSphere, or Tomcat
- Experience working in environment according to an SDLC delivery framework (Waterfall or Agile)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top