FPGA Design Engineer
- Austin, TX
BAE Systems is looking for Principal Hardware Design Engineers to develop and support Board and/or FPGA/CPLD designs through all phases of design and system integration for high-reliability embedded aerospace applications. Perform activities such as requirements generation, Board and VHDL design, RTL-synthesis, test bench development and design simulation. Other activities include prototype evaluation, design-to-cost tradeoffs, design reviews, qualification test support, system integration support, production and obsolescence support tasks. Maintain the desire to stay current in the continuously developing field and to expand knowledge base and skills in FPGA design and digital hardware engineering.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree and 6+ years experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital electronic devices and circuit design principles and experience using design/analysis tools, such as Timing Designer and Hyperlynx.
- FPGA experience and comprehensive knowledge using development tools such as Zynq based compute system, Matlab algorithms, VHDL coding.
- Hands-on hardware build, test, and integration experience
- Strong board debug and problem solving skills.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability, along with follow-up and monitoring skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Masters degree and 10+ years experience
Familiarity with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs to ensure electrical integrity of FPGA design in embedded applications.
Design experience with Image processing, memory interfaces such as DRAM controllers, Flash, SRAM; serial interfaces and FPGA design using Microsemi, Xilinx (especially Zynq Ultrascale)
Experience with design tools such as Synplify and ModelSim Experience with high-speed Digital circuit card design, including part placement and routing, constraint generation, and signal integrity analysis. Emphasis on design-to-cost methodology.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top